Monday, July 10, 2006

Making one goal


is such a big deal in Soccer. On the other hands, in the games of basketball, you see the goal almost every 5 seconds. When it comes to the soccer though, for about 2 hours, there are no goals sometimes. In my case, I am glued to TV screen, yet I have a bad fortune to miss the goals, like when I go to bathroom or look down to check something. What a misery.... As you all may know, watching the soccer can be just frustrating, breathtaking and heartbreaking. However, this is the sport that I can't stop loving. I always look down people who watch a baseball in a sports bar, yet for the soccer, I am the one in the sports bar and admire all the viewers. The world cup soccer 2006 was over yesterday, bringing the victory to Italy. Ever time I watched the games, I found myself losing a bit of my weight and sanity. I even ask myself why the soccer is so special? Why are so many people attracted this frustrating game? 1, the soccer has both aspects of the baseball and the basketball. The baseball is so systematic that it can be just boring. The basketball is too fast to watch and has too many goals. The soccer has a combination of the systematic plays and fast continuous actions. 2, the soccer is the only sport that handles a bowl without hands. Due to this restriction, it becomes very special. When the players pass around the bowl by only their legs or heads, it looks complicated but incredible beautiful and magical. I feel as if I were seeing an art. 3, the soccer is a psychological game. It depends on physicality, but also continuously immediate decisions, intuitive actions, deceptive trick, teamwork, individual role and play. 4, the soccer is like sex. As it is such a big deal to make just one goal, the moment players make the goal, it gives you just ecstasy or orgasm. To get to the point where the kicker make the goal, all the players have to set up the moment. When the finale: the goal comes, therefore, you can't hold yourself any longer. The only thing that I don't like about the soccer is PK. PK kills the point of the games. What was the players’ struggling and running around the field for 2 hours about then? It is all about the goalkeeper and his pressure becomes too heavy. So, yesterday, I was watching the final for the world cup at an Italian cafe with Italian fans. The game ended with the PK. Of course, I wasn't happy with the contents of the final game. The semi final was the most beautiful game for Italy. Anyway, all the way, I watched the games alone or with some people. I sometimes left the place with my angry face, because of the loss for a team I was for. For all day, I became cranky for the game that I watched. I jumped out off a chair and screamed at a café alone. Yep, it certainly made me emotional like a relationship. What did I get? Nothing. Yet, even after I become grumpy and nasty for the soccer, I will find myself going somewhere to start watching the game.

1 Comments:

Blogger 3:13:48:12 said...

sports give people a huge excitement in somewhat..
how have you been? i am back!!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home