Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Angel



After having seeing my mother off at the airport, I met Marguerita yesterday. As I wrote about her in my blog before, I visited her studio last summer to see her artworks. Since then, we have been building up our friendship and also trying to work together. She is an only child who lost her father at her young age and was brought up by her mother. Their relationship, of course, was close and tight until her mother had passed away. Because of our similar situation, besides my love for her artworks, we were emotionally connected to each other. So, we are like sisters now. The primal reason to get together yesterday was that she insisted on me taking to the clinic where she was taken care of. On the way there in the train, she asked me, " How's your mother? Are you ok?" " I am sad and tired...," I responded and could not hold my tears. She also started crying and saying, " I know exactly how you feel. I am still missing my mother." We cried together all the way. Our attmept to see the doctor failed, as I didn't have the insurance. Honestly, I knew that I would not be able to see him, yet I wanted to see her to distract myself anyway. After failing to see the doctor and getting off the subway, we cried again in the middle of the street. She apologized," I am your older sister and will take care of you." Despite her many struggles and difficulties as an artist and a wife at the moment, she still tried to help me out. On the sad day like yesterday, what I wish is true understanding or compassion. I don’t need advise, opinions or superficial kind words. I need someone like her, who deeply can put her in my skin, cry for me and be there for me. I am not so weak, so I don’t need to be with somebody all the time. However, her existence itself is significant to my life and gives me a great relief. Life is unpredictable. When I first met her, I didn't expect anything like this with her. She was sort of curt and very flamboyant. Yet, yesterday, I could not stop appreciating this mere chance to see someone like her. Thank god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home