Monday, February 27, 2006

a little bear in the forest


When I was a student in NY, some people disregarded me. Now, people (especially artists) are much nicer to me. The difference from now and then about me is that I guess I am working at a gallery. I am the same person by the way. I am not complain about it though, as being nice to people who might be to their advantage would be normal reaction. (I also do.) Plus, what you do is one way of proving who you are. However, however, is that all? The funny thing is that a few of these people who had once disregarded me changed their attitude all of sudden, after I became a bit somebody(?). I was amazed with the fact that they believed that I was completely ignorant about how they treated me before. I smile at them and forgive them, but do not and will not forget. They sadly show who they are in a very apparent way and in a very shallow level. Last night, I hang out with my favorite Italian girls. One of them mentioned about the same experiences that I am writing here. She is babysitting to experience NY life for a short period and she has a dream to be a journalist and loves a fairy. Even though I cannot speak Italian and she cannot speak English much, we can somehow communicate. More importantly, without words, beyond nationalities, I feel her through her strong-willed eyes. I can tell that she has innocent and beautiful mind. She also reveals that she knows about the sad part of life and accepts it, which I believe makes her compassionate, understanding, sensitive and deep. Once she told me that people here were impatient to understand somebody. She showed me her drawing of NYC, which was filled with her own imaginative world. I don't tell her name, but in English, her name means " a little bear in the forest," and she is like that. It is sad but true that people may walk too fast and miss out a small flower that is in bloom quietly on the edge of the street. People have a different pace and various ways to find life. Yes, I was lost before, wandering around. However, I never lost or gave up on a small hope to know who I was. My feeling lost led me to live in many different places like Hawaii, Australia or a remote island in Japan and enables me to see many different types of people. Thus, I learnt more about human beings and life, giving me a broder perspective. An occupation is one aspect of it. There is much to this than that. Like a story of " a little princess," the girl named " a little bear in the forest" softened my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home