Monday, February 13, 2006

the power of snow


I could not sleep much last Saturday, even though I was completely worn out that night. That was because it was snowing! I was too excited. I managed to sleep around 4 in the morning, but woke up every single hour to check if it was still snowing. Finally, I got out of the bed around 10 and got ready for a walk. I myself was surprised with that fact that someone like me who always needs 8 hours sleep could have so much energy! With excitement, I stepped out and I saw that everything was completely and thickly painted with all white. The powdery snows were still falling and sparkling. The scenery was breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful. No one on the street walked without a camera. I could not stop taking a picture. Someone took a picture of me taking a picture of Gramercy Park. She smiled at me, saying, " I am taking a picture of you taking a picture, as it looked cute!" "Thanks!" I smiled at her back. I throw myself into the snow, touched it and felt it. Pepole smiled at each other. The snow and the people looked just happy and beautiful.
It seemed the biggest snow for NYC's long history. (Who cares?) Let a whether forcaster take care of the tiny difference of the snow accumulation, which was 0.2inches or so and let us simply enjoy. I acutually had a little disappointing event the previous night. However, beauty and modesty of the snow tendered my heart. The creations from the sky bring us a sense of innocence and peace. I at least had the most peaceful Sunday for this year. I also realized one thing: when I have passion for something, which is in this case the snow, I would forget about feeling fatigue. Like the snow decorating the trees like blossoms, the wispering sound of the falling snow, snow crystals, what the sky brings us is miracle and powerful, plus can not be better than any creatin that a human can make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home