Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"There are souls


in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind when they go," by Frederick William Faber. The words traveled from Finland by mail last week. My friend, Orvokki, often, send me a letter with some postcards, scraps and so forth. This was also from her and an apt remark for me. Having felt void after my mom's departure, today I feel much stronger. The big pimple on my forehead was gone and my emotion level became calm. Somehow, my mother left me a sense of strong ness in a way. I have seen that she feels lonely but tries to live fully by herself in Japan. Here again, I am alone as well, but I am happy. I feel that the city is my home at the moment, having beautiful friends, fun work at the gallery and more. Plus, the fact that I have dear friends like Orvokki in the world gives me great strength. Time flows. Spring has come. My pimple disappeared. All the good memories are yet in my heart. I feel not bad, no...actually pretty good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that quote on a box of tea!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home