Friday, January 26, 2007

the first and the last card....


It is brutally cold here in NY. Rushing home with a full devices for the whether and white breadth, I found a BD card from much colder place, Finland, in my mailbox. The card from the severe whether to the other warmed up my heart immediately. The sender is Orvokki, my dearest friend, who moved in Finland one and half year ago. Surprisingly, we just exchanged emails in the late afternoon today. She mentioned that she had sent the card. Here we go! Right, we were connected. She is coming back to the city in February after her adventure in Finland. Though her parents were immigrants from Finland, she had here relatives around her and she spoke the language, for her, it seemed to be harder to get into the social loop than she had expected. She often wrote to me that people there were too shy and reserved. Since she left NY, she has been sending many cards, which nowadays is unusual way to communicate. To find her letter s and cards from a bundle of bills and to see her hand writing letters always brought joy and touched my heart. Sometimes, I opened it right away and read through in front of the mailbox, before I even opened my door. So, no more her fragrance in the mail box, yet I will have her back! Tonight, the coldest night of the year, the first card to cerebrate my BD was delivered and it will become the last card from the cold country, Finland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home