Tuesday, December 05, 2006

food and love


The other day, I visited my dearest friend's house and she cooked dinner for us. I have known her here for over 4 years, so she is my best and longest friend in NY. Sometimes, the moment you see somebody, you already feel as if you knew the person for a long time. That was the case with her. Sometimes, there would be a time to lose in touch with a close friend, but it doesn’t mean that the friendship dies. So, that was the case with us. Recently, she broke up with her boyfriend, so she has become more available to me now. She is a very spiritual person, practicing meditation every morning. In fact, she just came back from 2 weeks retreat in Arizona. " I can't stand eating out these days, as I had so much good quality food in Arizona." The menu that night was soybeans Indian curry with Brown rice and Japanese radish salad. All the ingredients were organic. The food was just mindblowing. I could not believe how just the food made one feel so much better. I puked up the previous night and I wasn't feeling too good, yet immediately I could really sense that my body was relaxed and happy. The organic ingredients as well as her affection for cooking made everything tasteful. For me, the food was the third among main human desires, sleep, sex, and food. I used to eat to satisfy my stomach and take supplements, period. Now, I have been paying more attention to what I take in my body. Then, I have realized that this would be nothing but about love. "What is love?" I had been asking to myself. " I can't love myself," I had been feeling that way. Love is not theoretical. Love is not something to think or ask for. I don't still know exactly what it is, yet the very intention to start doing something good to your body would be just love. Right, this is very simple, and even kids know that. Yet, the simplest thing can be easily forgotten. I myself forgot. The casual dinner with my good friend made me recall the simple yet important fact in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home