Monday, September 18, 2006

"You need to protect yourself in US,"


often, people give me such advise. Is it true? Do we really need to protect from ourselves? If so, what a sad world we are living in. My ex often told me, " Once you show your weakness, people start taking advantage of you." He trusted nobody. The other day, when I told a friend of mine that an editor had offered me to edit my blog site for potential publication in the future for free. Then, he warned me that he might claim some fees or a percentage afterwards and he concluded that this is the US, good or bad. I understood what he meant. But, I did feel sad about the fact that people are too prepared or accustomed for not trusting anything or anybody. People often tell me like,"Oh, you don't know anything about the world,” or "You are so naive." Am I? Really? Is trusting somebody's word so stupid? Let's say he was right, and then what would I lose anyway? I would pay the editor, if he asks. He will be the one who loses credit with me, but not me. Of course, nobody in the world wants to be betrayed or taken advantage and we all have to be cautious. Yet, trusting nobody or being too cautious is not the solution. Are we all going to become closed-mind like a dead shell? "We are in the world where no dignity exists. So, welcome on board and face the reality" Is that is? Even if people think I am stupid and naive, I would rather the one who is deceived not deceives. Even if I lose, always I will learn something important from the experience. That experience will become wisdom, which nobody can steal from me. Still, I believe in the world and myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home