Wednesday, July 26, 2006

tranquilty


After hustle and bustle of my travel, I finally got to the ashram. All I could see in my eyes was nothing but green. The rain stopped. The sun emerged from the thick clouds. The birds were singing. The winds were sighing and playing with the leaves of all the trees. The place was located in the hill, surrounded with the forest and the Catskill mountain ranges in a far distance. The panoramic view of the mountains was just marvelous. After leaving my bags in a small room, I was just happy, soaking myself into innocence of nature. Yes, that's all I wanted. At 4pm, the yoga class started in an outside facility. It was such a precious experience to do yoga, looking at the sky and mountain with music of the birds and winds. Here was the daily schedule, wake-up call at 5:30, a meditation and talk at 6 for 1.5 hours, yoga at 8 for 2 hours, brunch at 10:30, free time from 11 to 4, yoga at 4 for 2 hours again, dinner at 6:30 and the meditation and talk at 8 again. I stayed for two nights. It was $75 per night for a private room. So, it was a good deal indeed. Well, what I donĂ…ft like about this kind of place, so-called new age or spiritual institution, are often people. People who are really into spirituality related things or one specific belief aren't really open minded: they act as if they were so special and different from so-called ordinary people who are really new to those fields. I am telling you this, as a person who experienced those type of places enough out of curiosity or feeling despair. As of the case, people in this ashram were not too open, which wasn't surprising. However, I wasn't there to meet people. I was there to be completely alone. Then, this place was perfect. In the glass field in the property, I was all alone with a book. I even sneaked to smoke a few cigarettes and had a piss without need to hide. (They were the sins that I made.) In fact, I somehow took advantage the place. I saw the sunrises and sets. I saw the blue sky filled with diamonds-like stars. I smelled the earth. My heart was really uplifted. My body was warmed up as well as cooled off. I need it desparelatly. I need to be rejuvenated from all the dramas that I went through last few months. I looked up the blue sky and could not stop thanking the innocence of nature. After 3days of my vacation, I was sort of ready for the siren of an ambulance, muggy and stinky air, walking and making my way around...? Well, there was no choice. One thing that I was concerned about though was to get back the small town to wait for the bus.... to be continued...again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home