Thursday, August 23, 2007

the ocean


After 5 cloudy days, the sun has showed his presence. Hey you! Nice to feel the fragrance of the summer sun. This summer, in between of moving out and in, I managed to have small vacation in Montauk and Hampton for a few times. Looking at the ocean horizon, listening to the endless sounds of the waves, soaking myself into pristine clear Atlantic water, I re-realized how much I loved and missed the ocean. I love being in water. I feel free and cleansed physically and spiritually. Since I came to NYC, though, I have been forgetting about it. I once went to Jones beach and had to pay $10 or so to be in. The beach was nothing special or even looked boring. I was the one who was in fact an island girl living in Hawaii, Australia and Chichi Island in Japan and traveling from one island to another in Asian continents like Phuket, Bali and more. I could not accept paying for the unpleasant and nothing-special beach. Give me a break. When I was living in Chichi Island, I often found myself alone on the untouched beach with emerald green color of water. Since that traumatized day, I forgot about the ocean in NY. Though it is nothing compared to the beaches where I lived, the beach in Montauk was beautiful and had manly presence with strong waves. Getting under slightly cold water and opening my eyes led me to feeling of familiarity. “I’m Back!” I shouted in my mind. Today, my dear friend, Orvokki, came back from her trip in Hawaii Island and brought some seashells. They are a reminder of the Pacific Ocean. Well, the ocean is just one where there is no border. Over the horizon, there are another continents and islands. Under water, there are hundreds of creatures living. The waves make a rock to round stones and bring someone’s wish. The ocean is, yes, the place where a human being was born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home