Tuesday, August 21, 2007

NYC's weather is moody and unpredictable.


It was a soggy, cold miserable and rainy day today despite the season, so was my mood. I stayed home, cleaning up my new nest, cooking and doing laundry. (I just moved from the west side to the east last Monday, which was the 4th move within 5 years.) There, on the pure white walls, I installed some artworks given by my friends. They were not many, but just enough to adorn my room with. "Who could expect to have some artworks for someone moving here with one suitcase from Tokyo 5 years ago?" I thought. Well, my treasures that have been collected over years are not only pleasant to my eyes, but also remind me of my friends' presence and their history. The rain stopped at night. Feeling a bit uplifted, I headed to the Upper East Side to buy a second hand microwave, which I'd found on the craigslist. It happened to be in my old neighborhood, 70's on the second avenue. I was there for a year in 2002-3. On a bus on the way back from the familiar scenery, I was seeing 5 years of my life in NY flashed back. The first day in NYC, the days and nights when I felt so lonely, the school days, excited feeling about walking unknown streets, a day of opening my bank account, a day of being stuck in en elevator, nights when I was wide awake with wavering feeling of my future, the day when I met my ex boy-friends and on an on. Though I moved a lot within 5 years, each move actually stopped me to look back and see where I am now. When I opened the door of my small castle, I felt home. Hello, hello, here I am again. Yes, tomorrow's weather will be different and life goes on. I am ready for unknown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home