Wednesday, September 28, 2005

12 inch : the real New York


THUR: "TRANS-CON GROOVES"!
"From Japan comes the effervescent DJ NATANE and her incredible mixes including, Tryby Trio, Scott Grooves, Jorg Ben, MKL and so much more! She was a guest DJ last month and we had to get her back! Teaming from our great shores is SOY DJ - beats, breaks, and classic jams from flea market 45s to the latest cuts! 9pm"

Wow, for the first time in my whole life, my name as a dj appeared in a flyer of a bar called “12inch.” As I wrote about music before, I am not a professional dj at all. I rather find myself a living music box or just a music lover. Now, I am a little embarrassed...and nervous, yet more importantly, I should be happy to feel music with people who love music. Then, this bar,”12 inch, “ enables me to do so, and here is the story of "12 inch." A friend of mine, an Italian Dj lele, asked me to spin with him a while ago. When I first went to this bar, honestly, I was not really excited about this place. It looked like one of those boring sports bars that you would easily find elsewhere in NY. The only thing that differentiates from the sports bars is record jackets hanging up on the wall ( besides DJ boose, of course.). However, the more I stayed there, the more I became addicted to it. Why? First of all, the owner is amazingly sweet and friendly. Secondly, music that all the djs are spinning is actually much better than the ones in any so-called hip clubs in so-called cool neighborhood, the meat packing district. It tells, surely, the owner has a wonderful sense of music. Third, people there are just NICE. Funny enough, when it comes to DJ lele’s night, since he himself is a scientist, the bar is filled with European scientists. Science and Music....cool! In fact, there is no consistency in the atmosphere in the bar in many aspects, which makes the bar even more interesting. I do like this bar, especially because people or the place itself is real. Real means that the bar is not the place for vanity, but music, and the people are not there for showing off themselves, but joy and music. There would be a place where music is good but people can be awful or vice versa. It IS rare to find this kind of place in Manhattan, yet hey, NY is supposed to be a melting pot, isn't it? The fact of no consistency in 12 inch bar actually represents real NY, all right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really true what you wrote.
keep on grooving efervescent DJ Natane. Let's spin together soon...

PS: is it me in the picture ?

DJ Lele

4:19 PM  
Blogger seeds said...

Chao! Lele. Thanks for your comment! Yeap! Let's kick the night together!!!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home