Thursday, September 22, 2005

Why so many hurricanes?


That was the title of a web newspaper, regarding the hurricane, "Rita." My question to this titel would be, " Why are we able to live in the earth, by the way?" Let me tell you something, " this planet is actually floating in the universe and it is absolutely miraculous enough that the earth was born somehow and positioned in a perfect distance from the sun. It means that being able to live as a human being here IS an absolutely miracle. So, hurricanes or Tsunami, which we considerer as a natural disaster, is just a dispensation of Nature. (Don’t get me wrong, I don't say that I don't feel sorry for the victims of Tsunami or the hurricanes in New Orleans.) I am just upset with ego and ignorance of human kinds. I remember stupid remarks of a well-known newscaster in U.S, corresponding to the Tsunami that had hit in South Asian countries this year. He asked a specialty for Tsunami like this," Is Tsunami a natural disaster?" "Yes," the specialty responded.
" Then, it is possible that we may have Tsunami in California?" I asked him a question in my mind, "Because of 9/11, do you think that anything that kills thousands people has to do with terrorist? or do you want to invent a Tunami machine to controll the world? or are you really kidding?" I could not believe in what had come out of the supposedly well-educated newscaster. So called " natural disaster," is unavoidable, my dear. Who knows about how long the earth will last. One of the stars may fall off on the earth one day. I would accept my fate, when I die from a natural disaster. How advanced the technology becomes, how hard human kinds struggle to avoid natural disasters, the fact is that we as human beings are part of Nature, happening to live in the vast universe. Look up the sky, the sky is laughing at us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home