Thursday, March 13, 2008

moon


When I am down, I look down like almost all does. Once I come out the middle of downtime, I look up the sky and almost always the moon is up there. Last night, on the way home at night, I felt something and looked back and up. There she was, with a big smile mark. “Lovely.” It happens whether it is at night, a sunset time or even in the middle of the day. I feel protected. I did remember one of the most uplifting and magical incidents that happened to me. It was when I was really blue in the afternoon at one day in Tokyo. I walked to a park nearby and sat down on the grass. Everybody waited for the sun setting. Rebelled against everybody's "we-are-happy" smiles and chatting, I sat towards the east, which was the opposite direction from the sunset or everybody. I wanted to be the least invisible. Then, I found the half fatty frosty moon in the pale blue sky. "Hello again, my friend." I looked at the moon vacantly for a while. I lay down with feeling of relief. Then out of pale blue, I saw a white light around the moon. "An airplane?" I stared at it. It was certainly not the airplane. It zigzagged or moved in unexpected directions. Then, the second one appeared. And the third, the forth, the fifth, the sixth, "No way!!" Then, the eighth. "Kidding me." Then the ninth...I don't remember the exact number, but at least more than 8 of the white lights were circling around the moon. "All right!" I was excited as if the lot fell on me. Yes, they were "that." So-called unidentified flying object, U.F.O! I turned my head to see other people in the park to make sure if they noticed them. It was me anyway sitting in the counter direction from all, so nobody even noticed there was the moon in still tender-lighted sky. "Good." I headed up again. They were still there, almost dancing. I was wishing they could come down right here to pick me up to show me the fragment of the universe. It didn't happen. After a while, they all disappeared and the sun went down. Yet, they left my heart warmth. They were watching me and telling me that I was not alone. Just recognizing the things in the sky, whether they are identifiable or not, made me close to the universe. It was uplifting to be aware that the earth is floating in the vast universe--the earth is the part of it. We all forget about it, don’t we? Yet, it is absolutely undeniable fact. With that fact, then, it is not unbelievable to see that there would be different creatures living in an unknown places far away from us, is it? Truly, the moon is the opening door to the universe for me. Even if I forget about it, she never ever forgets me and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home