Monday, July 19, 2010

GOALLLLLLL!---

the moment when adrenaline kicks in.
Watching a football especially the world cup does turn me on.
Sadly, the world cup came to an end and I have been still re-watching videos that I recorded to analyze each team or game. Am I nuts? Yes, I am, when it comes to the soccer.
As is always the case, I watched the games everywhere like at an electric store at the Heathrow Airport waiting for a plane via Basel, at a cafe in Art Basel, at a sports bar in Basel city, with or without friends. My schedule was determined by the soccer schedule during my stay in Art Basel. Coming back to Japan, I watched the games at home or at a cafe bar in Aoyama by myself. Everywhere I went, or whatever I did, my topic for a conversation was about the soccer.
On the former world cup, I was in NYC. One day, I was sick with high fever. So, I had to watch one game on a TV at my apartment, yet due to a device from the stone aged, that is called Antenna, the TV had such a poor reception. Almost every-time the announcer screamed like, "g-g-g-GOOOOOOAL!" Or "G G GOAL? ahhhhhh! off side..." the screen was filled with a grayish zig-sag pattern. I was like "Where is Amélie?" (in a film, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain.) What did I do wrongggg?" I cursed, hit and kicked the old TV, but nothing worked on such an old lady. So, with a box of tissue paper and with a sweater despite the hot weather, I managed to go to a cafe that had a TV set (a high-tech device, cabled) nearby my apartment. Like that, I am a soccer fetch. I can admit without hesitation.

The soccer is truly artistic, beautiful and SEXY. To me as an observer, it is absolutely the king of the sports to watch and the players are man of the man. If I were born as a boy next life (if i have next life), I will want to be a soccer player. No other sports can, I think, excite, mesmerize, entertain and unite people. Well, baseball fans, or basecket ball fans or any other sports fan would disagree with me. Yet, let me ask those one question,
"Do you know any other sports that you are not allowed to go to a toilet, check a hot girl or boy, buy a hot dog and beer, to snack french fries, to chat your friends, meaning that you can't even blink your eyes? For about 45 minuets? "
You seriously got to be glued to the game entirely, as there is always a chance that you will miss the most wanted exciting tasteful moving moment of making one GOAL! And, more important, there is always a chance that the goal is made in a second. Do you understand this contradictory theory? The chance is rare, but at the same time, the chance could be in any moment.
i.e. on a game--Germany vs Argentine, I was at a cafe bar and the waiter brought a check. The moment I looked at the check, which was just for a few second, the goal was already made in Germany. I was furious,
" WHATTTTTTT? and NOOOOO, I missed IT!" screamed.
The waiter apologized me sincerely, though he did what he got to do.
Anyways, my point here is ; what's the point of watching the soccer game, when you miss the MOMENT of the goal, which you only have one or two during the half (45 minuets) ? You feel like a loser, being patient 99% of the time in the game, sitting up and down, holding your breath, kicking something with frustration, not being abel to go to a toilet, screaming and sighing...
Because the value of one goal is such a big deal, when you catch the moment of one goal, your built up emotions and frustration are exploded, which leads you to THAT scream or tears or euphoria.
In a tennis match, for instance, yes, there is tension, but before a serve or during the break every single set, you have a time to a toilet. What about a swimming race? Right, it has a tension, but it lasts only for a few minutes? The soccer players are required non stop moves with high tension for such a long time. Forget about an idea of snacking, checking boy and girls and etc even as an observer. FORCUS is needed big time.

Then, here is another thing about the soccer---sexiness. How sexy it could be, when the player does feint movement, dribbling, making a complicated pass, and a goal during the entire time, unlike a baseball, which is too systematic and organized, unlike a basketball which make a goal almost in every second--- just TOO MANY. I could be melted by watching one wow movement after another. They are the real killers.
The highlight is in a goal, but to get there always has a story and drama--- trough many passes or a long shoot from the mid fielder or even the goal keeper. It is like a music--- having a maximum dynamism. It is born by an integration of an individual technique and a team work.

The soccer involves physicality, an immediate decision and action, intuition, imagination, individual skills, organization ability and the strength as one team. And after the game, both players in a winning or losing look amazingly beautiful.
I feel like hugging all, which has to do with motherly nature for 80 % and of course a sexual attraction as a straight girl for the rest. I am being honest.

(As a note, I love watching a good match, but after all, I was for Spain and they won! I cried and could not be happier. )

Ok, I am seriously thinking about going to Brazil for the next world cup. Am I nuts? Well, already answered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home