Thursday, December 31, 2009

It is in the afternoon on the end of 2009.


I jogged and embraced the strong sun light on the last day of 2009.
I love spending the new year in Japan. Almost every single business is closed and everybody goes back home to spend sometime with his/her family. Less traffic and people on the streets and no lights in office buildings. The constant commotion disappears and the sound of quietness dominates the whole country. The air gets crisp and clean. The sky gets crystal blue. All the shrines and temples in the whole country prepare for the new year ceremony. People cook "osechi," the special cuisine for the new year. "Kadomatsu," which symbolizes a tree provided for the descent of the gods, is decorated almost every single house. Through the entire year, this is the most precious time when we all are simply connected to our heritage.
Peaceful and spiritual energy travels though the country.

Looking back this year, there were many changes in my life--moving back to Japan from NY, quitting my job, leaving my friends. Still, now I am in transition, not knowing exactly where my life heads to. Experiencing "unknown," yet I felt grateful. While jogging, I said to myself, " I will accept anything comes along and I'm not scared. " I'm here in Japan. It is funny in a way, as I didn't really plan well on coming back here, but I will surrender. I think I have been trying to fight or control my life enough. Now, I just want to let everything happen, like as a true observer. The fact that I was jogging, exposing myself to the sun, breathing the clean air, listening to the sound of the wind, being soaked myself into serenity in my neighborhood just made me feel happy tremendously. Indeed, people passing by looked happy as well. That's how Oshogatsu do to people!

I am thanking for this year and for the fact that I can spend the new year in Japan.
A happy wonderful peaceful New Year.
Love for all.

2 Comments:

Blogger orki said...

I haven't looked at your blog for months I realize! Where has my head been? I think school is sucking my soul, making me too busy.
I love your pictures and words from Japan.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that exact make. The prices as regards the velcros are all over 230 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you tell me about these?

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home